This article is based on freely accessible information. The data that served as the basis for the creation of this article come from professional articles, trade magazines or websites and blog posts. cbuy.ch is not authorized to make healing and/or efficacy promises related to CBD or other cannabinoids. If you have any questions or other concerns, please contact the Customer Care Center of cbuy.ch via e-mail email@example.com.
Hemp has been used as a healthy and nutrient-rich food for thousands of years. In the following article, cbuy.ch explains how you can turn a well-known Swiss dish – the Spinatwähe – into a healthy and delicious new creation by adding a few hemp foods.
Grandmother style hemp and spinach cake
Recipe for a baking tin of about 25cm in diameter
80 grams butter
180 grams original spelt flour
40 grams hemp flour
1 tsp salt
1 DL water
1 tbsp Herbalea Pure Cooking Oil
400 grams creamed spinach, frozen
80 grams bacon cubes
Salt & pepper
3 tbsp hemp seeds
- Melt butter under medium heat in a frying pan.
- Mix melted butter, original spelt flour, hemp flour, salt, water and Pure Cooking Oil and knead well.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, defrost the spinach in a pan and mix with the bacon cubes. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Line the baking tin with baking paper. Roll out the dough by hand, similar to a pizza, and place it in the baking pan. Make sure that the edge is at least 3cm high.
- Now spread the spinach/bacon mixture evenly over the dough and sprinkle the hemp seeds on top.
- Now bake the cake in the preheated oven (hot air + heat from below, 200 degrees Celsius) for approx. 45min.
- Remove the cake from the baking tin and let it cool.
Source: This recipe was developed by manager and amateur chef Dominic Hoffmann in collaboration with grandmother and freelancer Dodo Hoffmann.